More libnautilus-pr0n

I made some nice progress on libnautilus-pr0n today. I have it reading the width and height from each image (more or less). I have to see why some images aren’t checked (I suspect my code that detects if a file is an image). I need to make the extension work asyncronously, and have it cache the results so it doesn’t have to re-read the file every time.

libnautilus-pr0n

Kinda cool. It doesn’t sort as perfectly as I’d like. For example, if you were to sort from smallest to largest, an “800×600″ image would appear after a “1600×1200″ image, because “8″ is greater than “1″. I’m not sure if I can take control of that through an extension, so that might require some hacking of Nautilus itself. I could also seperate width and height into their own columns, but I think that would get too messy.

I also started looking at libexif today, so I can add exif columns to nautilus.

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

You may use these HTML tags and attributes: <a href="" title=""> <abbr title=""> <acronym title=""> <b> <blockquote cite=""> <cite> <code> <del datetime=""> <em> <i> <q cite=""> <strike> <strong>